29 March 2010

Master Cleanse, day one, let us have some fun...

Master Cleanse, day one, let us have some fun...

Posted on Oct 1st, 2007 by pastedGraphic.pdf indubitablymeibe

pastedGraphic_1.pdf

~* Sun setting through the trees, lovely... *~



So this is the third or fourth time I believe of detoxifying my body by doing what is commonly known as the Master Cleanse or Lemonade Cleanse. It is a minimum of 10 day fast of sorts where you drink a mixture of fresh squeezed lemons, grade B maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. You also do a salt water flush every morning (which is a great deal of fun!).


I am stoked.


I've been doing some reading on peoples opinions on whether or not this is smart to do, safe, legit, and all that good stuff. What I can add to the mix is my first hand experience with it, each time I took on the cleanse it revitalized my entire being and I approve of it entirely.


Since the first time I did this my eating habits (and lifestyle in general) has changed quite considerably. I was mighty carnivorous prior to the first time I did the cleanse, I was also pretty unhealthy and I would guess anywhere from 25 to 35 pounds over my ideal body weight. I am now primarily a vegetable eating human being though by no means an absolutist about this (or anything for that matter), I still occasionally eat fish and from time to time meat may make its way on to my plate.


I am excited to do give myself this cleansing experience again for many reasons, one of which is to get rid of all of the built up toxins and processed junk that I have for the most part carelessly put into my system. The other reason is to clear my mind and body of the caffeine, alcohol, and marijuana that I have absorbed (most always in moderation mind you) since the last cleanse I did which was last summer.


There is really something to be said for the clarity and vitality I've experienced in the past through and after doing this cleanse, not to mention the rewards of mentally overcoming the challenge of not chewing on food for almost two weeks. I have realized and caught myself slipping into auto pilot more often than I would like (ideally I would love to be here now always), what I mean by this is that my focus, my presence of mind and body wavers sometimes and I find myself being more lazy and/or careless and I do not like that.


I am not doing this to lose weight, true one of the side effects of this process is loosing an average of around two pounds a day, what I am more concerned with is purifying myself, loosing a couple of pounds in the process is alright with me...


Honestly though, I love to challenge myself and I also love to honor and respect my body and mind and feel that this is a great way to do just that. This life is a whole lot of fun, there is beauty, magic, and wonder surrounding us at all times, I want to be present to receive and also create a part of that. The Master Cleanse is a friendly reminder and gift to myself that allows me to really take a look at my actions and help me to realize what I am doing positively and negatively to myself and others.


It is in my best to be loving and truthful always, I am in the process of detoxifying my body of toxic and destructive energies and during this time I will be clearing my mind of these very same things. Here's to enjoying the ride.


One last thing, I love my wife Chrissy more than any words or clever metaphor could compare, we are 18 weeks into our pregnancy and I am absolutely thrilled to be becoming a father. I want to be the best person I can be now and always so that my wife and our child have the best opportunity to live and grow up with all the love and happiness that I can provide.


Aloha nui loa one and all,


Joseph


pastedGraphic_2.pdf Access: Public What do you think? Print Post this! views (585)

Tagged with: Joseph Culhane, Master Cleanse, Chrissy Culhane, fun, yes, pregnant, baby, sexy, Vision Force Boot Camp, love, light, honor, respect, joy, happiness, appreciation, gratitude, beauty, divine, sunshine, goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment